Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday - February 16, 2011

Jamie is once again hosting "What I'm Loving Wednesday." I have a lot to be loving this week. :)

1) First and foremost, I'm loving the fact that today is my birthday. All the special facebook wishes, texts, phonecalls, and e-mails I've gotten have brightened my day. It's not just that I love attention, but it's the fact that people are taking time to write me/think of me/etc. I mean, a lot of them are pretty generic, but some of them are very much personalized. It's nice to be thought of. And tonight, I'm going out with my parents for my birthday. It really started last night. I got to a place I volunteer (it's a home for abused and neglected boys ranging in age from 11-17; I do admin work). There was a card waiting and I think each boy and staff member wished me a happy birthday at least once. And the card had personal messages from each; some generic, some specific. The generic ones are appreciated, so that isn't meant to be taken the wrong way. :)

2) I'm loving the fact that I had a great weekend. I know in my last post I referenced that I had a special weekend coming up but I would have to blog about it later. Well, I still don't really have time to do the whole post right now (I'm on my lunch break and had to answer about 150 facebook wishes so time is short). But to summarize, my "boyfriend" (it's in quotes because it still sounds weird to say) came to visit for the weekend. :) I had flown down to Alabama last month for his birthday weekend, and he came to visit this weekend for my birthday weekend. Since my birthday is mid-week when we both had to work and all. I picked him up at the airport Friday and dropped him off Tuesday morning. There is a funny story to the Tuesday morning part. Perhaps tomorrow. Anyway, it was a great weekend. We went to the zoo, WinterBlast in Downtown Detroit, he met my friends and family, etc. Oh, and Valentine's Day. :) Pictures to follow!

3) We are having a heat wave! It's been in the 30s and 40s for several days now! Yes, 40s! Woohoo! While there is still piles and piles of snow everywhere, the piles are not as high as they once were!

4) I'm loving the fact that I watched this season of the Bachelor. I hadn't watched for several seasons. But last night/this morning, I watched the episode I taped Monday, and it was HIGHLY entertaining. From Chantel's tears to Michelle FINALLY getting the boot, woohoo!

5) A new season of Survivor starts tonight! I think it's CBS' gift to me (but CBS, I really could have used a gift receipt for the Russell portion of this season..... I can't stand him, and don't know why you're polluting a third season with him. Especially since this makes 3 out of the last 4 seasons!)

What are you loving? Head over to Jamie's blog to let us know! :)

5 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day and a great time w/ your parents.
    I can't wait to see pics...I love pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you have a great day! Can't wait to see pictures- and hear more about the boyfriend!!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like the perfect way to spend your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! And I looove me some Bachelor, can't get enough and I also agree that it was great to see Michele finally go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated bday! Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete