Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits! February 1, 2011

So, we are currently in the middle of (as the overly dramatic weathercasters have been calling it) "SNOWMAGEDDEON!!!!" or the "SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!" We are supposed to get a blizzard. So far, windy but no snow.

It's supposed to be so bad that my boss and I had the following conversation today (my boss who in the past has said there is no reason to be late for work in bad weather):
Me: So about tomorrow.....
Him: I'm taking these files home just in case I can't make it in tomorrow.
Me: What about the rest of us? I'll try to get here.
Him: Yeah. But if it's too bad, you should stay home.
Me: Ok.
Him: If it's only a normal storm, like 5, 6, or 8 inches, we should all be able to make it in. But if it's like 10 or 12 inches and still coming down and visibility is really bad, maybe we shouldn't.

So, I guess I may be getting a "snow day?" As an adult?
___________________________________________________________________________

In other news, it is February. As in, my birthday month. Yay! It should be an exciting month. Lots of plans already. One of those plans is a special visitor from Alabama. Yay!

__________________________________________________________________________

Yesterday, I was finally feeling healthy enough to try my new gym. :) Between the stomach troubles (which have gotten somewhat better) and then the cold/sinus infection/bronchitis/pleurisy, it had been about 2 months. And in that time, my old membership expired, but I had joined a new gym in pre-sale. But last night was my first time going. I didn't die. :) It actually wasn't as bad as I was expecting for my first time back after a long absence. I was going to go again tonight, but the blizzard scared me off. (The non-existant blizzard so far, but whatever!) Anyway, hoping to soon be back in major weight loss mode!
________________________________________________________________________

I'm also still in housecleaning mode. I got a lot done Saturday, but am in even further declutter mode right now. :)

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I just read this post...I'm a little late lol
    we did get a blizzard here in KC
    For someone from TN this was my first blizzard
    and I got an adult snow day, luckily since I work half and hour away and, um like I mentioned i'm from the south...we dont drive in snow :)
    Let me just say... I'd be ok if it were my first and last blizzard haha

    ReplyDelete