Monday, February 21, 2011

Lost.... Again.

As I've mentioned, I'm really good at getting lost. As in, really, really, really good at it. As I mentioned earlier this week, I have a story from last Tuesday that demonstrates this.

Last weekend, John came to visit from Alabama.
We had a very nice time! On Tuesday morning, it was time to take him back to the airport so he could go home to Alabama. Instead of just dropping him off at the curb, we parked in the parking structure and walked inside the airport together. After he got to security, I told him bye and started walking back to my car. Around this time, my boss asked where I was and I told him "I'm leaving the airport now."

Fast forward 30 minutes..... 30 minutes of desperately searching the parking structure (in 25 degree weather). Fast forward desperate/cranky phone calls to John saying "Don't you remember where I parked? Don't you remember which zone? Which zone was it?" You see, I looked at the sign when I got out of my car and it was "Level 2 Red." But it turns out the WHOLE 2nd level is "Red." So, this wasn't helpful.

After another 15 minutes and walking around while talking on the phone, it turns out that I had gotten off the wrong elevator when returning and so..... I was pretty much on the other side of the structure from where I needed to be.

But at least I got off on the right floor! :)

2 comments:

  1. First...sorry about your getting lost...BRRR!!!

    Second, so happy for you and nice to meet John! =) Love the photo! =)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See! I knew it was you who went to the wrong theater! And you have been blaming me this whole time....

    ReplyDelete