Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday Thirteen - January 27, 2011

So, it's no secret that I hate winter. I want nothing more than for the nice, lovely days of spring to appear. Even though, here in Michigan, we usually get some spring snow, it still makes me happy to have spring. However, in an attempt to be more positive, I'm going to post 13 things I like about winter. Or at least try to - we'll see if I'm able to think of 13 things.

1) Christmas - I love Christmas. It's the most wonderful time of the year, and all that jazz. And Christmas is in the winter. So that one is easy!

2) My birthday! This year, I have an extra special birthday weekend planned that I'll share with you all later, but my birthday is in the winter. Cue the parties, special dinners, presents, etc.

3) When it's really cold and snowy, you can stay home for an evening without feeling lame. It's like an instant excuse to stay home in front of the tv or with a good book and a blanket.

4) Hot chocolate - in the cold weather, it's much better than in the summer.

5) Red Wings Hockey! Okay, so the season starts in the fall and ends in June (assuming we make the Stanley Cup finals, of course) but it's primarily a winter sport.

6) Figure Skating on tv - I love watching figure skating.

7) Winter Olympics - okay, this is only every 4 years. But this is a hard subject for me so I have to stretch for things....

8) Flattering clothes - Winter clothes cover a little more than summer clothes. I miss my summery dresses, but at times (like now when I haven't been to the gym recently) the extra coverage is nice. ;)

9) Unexpectedly nice days - When you've been having the 2 degree days, those random 20 degree days feel that much warmer. You appreciate them more.

10) Um........ not having to paint my toenails as often. They're not always on display like in the spring/summer.

11) Snow is occasionally pretty to look at. Note, this does not mean I like snow. I am in no way endorsing snow. I'm just saying, if we're stuck with it, it's occasionally pretty. If only it would stay off the roads.....

12) You can bake without your house getting too hot.

13) Valentine's Day candy - chocolatey yumminess. (please refer to point 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment