Monday, January 10, 2011

Stylish Blog Award!

So, from Rachel at Randomness with Rachel, comes the Stylish Blog Award!


Rules to the Award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about this award

Thanks, Rachel!

Okay, 7 things about me.....

1) I have a terrible, terrible, terrible sense of direction! I get lost SO easily! I can go somewhere 20 times and still feel the need to get directions or use my GPS. The GPS was really made for people like me. When I was 7, my cousin and I got lost going around the block. Things haven't improved since then. For example, on my 2nd trip to Hamilton, Alabama, it took me 3 1/2 hours to go from Decatur to Hamilton. According to sources, it should take about an hour and 15 minutes. Even last week on my trip to Tennessee, I routinely turned the wrong way leaving our hotel room and going to the elevator. Yes, my friend Jody laughed at me.... a lot. So I like to say we all have talents; one of mine is getting lost!

2) So a lot of people I know won't watch a movie more than once or read a book more than once. I am the total opposite. If I like a movie, I'll watch it over and over. The same goes for books. Most of my favorite books have been read and re-read multiple times. If I like it, it's like going back to a familiar friend. It's relaxing and I enjoy re-reading it!

3) I am an extremely picky eater! When I go to people's houses, it can be quite burdensome because I feel like I have to eat what they give me. So I eat small amounts.... and drink LARGE amounts of water to choke down food. And I'll be secretly happy if someone makes something I don't like but there is any form of onion in it. Then I can politely say "Oops.... I'm allergic to onions. Sorry!" And I don't have to worry about hurting their feelings for not wanting to eat it. Hehe

4) I used to HATE working out, but I really enjoy it now. I can't wait until I'm feeling healthy enough to go back to the gym. Between my stomach problems, the bronchitis, and the sinus infection, it's been over a month. I just want to hit the gym! My body just really needs me to hit the gym! It's craving the exercise, and I want to lose weight! :)

5) In addition to getting lost, one of my other major talents is.... how to put this..... displaying klutziness. :) The subsets of this talent include a) tripping (over my pants, the floor, pretty much anything), b) spilling things (on me, on my desk, on papers, again pretty much anything), c) losing balance (though strangely I tend to keep my balance more in high heels than in flats), and d) walking into walls. Yes, I am often quite bruised. And mocked....

6) I have a really good memory. It's almost eerily good. Like if friends and I are discussing a "who said what" type conversation, I'll usually be the one who is believed because I can often recall the conversation word for word complete with who was sitting where and what they were wearing. When I used to play in piano recitals and had to memorize music, I would do it by picturing the papers in my head, not by memorizing the patterns like I later learned you're really supposed to do. And dates.... I'm really good at remembering dates. Awhile ago, someone asked me how long I had known someone, and I thought for a moment and replied "April 13, 2000." Because I'm good with dates and can even remember details like that!

7) I'm very much a girly girl. I love all things pink, purple, pretty shoes, and lots of purses. I don't like dirt and outdoorsy stuff. (Because I'm too girly.) :)

I choose to pass this award along to.... whoever wants it! If I follow your blog, it's a sign I think it's a stylish blog, so go ahead and claim your award. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm a picky eater too!! I've learned to take small portions and an extra piece of bread. ;)

    I love watching movies over and over. Especially Audrey movies!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe...are you really clumsy? I didn't know! =) Congrats on your award.

    I will watch movies over and over...but can't read books more than once...I just enjoy suspense and it's only there once for me. =)

    ReplyDelete