Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Memories

Christmas is my favorite holiday. There are a number of Christmas celebrations in my family. This year, we celebrated with my mom's family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. (This is often the case. My mom has a much bigger family than my dad, and the travel usually falls that way.)

This year, my parents and I celebrated our own Christmas Thursday night, the 23rd. We exchanged gifts and then talked over Skype with Cameron, Delia, Caleb, and Evan. Yay! I then went to bed early as I think I was still sleeping off the anesthesia.

The next morning, we got up early to travel to Indiana. It's about a 5 hour drive in normal weather. It was normal weather! Yay! We had been supposed to have a snowstorm, so it was nice to have a good drive. We went to my first aunt's house for a little while, then to a second aunt's house, then to an uncle's house, and finally to the aunt's house where we were staying for the night. We had dinner and did gifts with my aunt and her family. It was a lot of fun! I hadn't seen my one cousin for a couple of years. He has a 3 year old son who is a lot of fun as well!




After they left, I fell asleep watching Christmas movies. (I was sleeping on the couch, so the tv was just kind of on.) In particular, I kept watching A Christmas Story. I've only seen this movie once, but somehow I kept seeing the same part over and over that night. I'd wake up and it would be near the place in the film where I had fallen asleep before!

The next morning, we enjoyed a lovely breakfast with my aunt and uncle before moving on to our next stop - Chicago-ish area! (As mentioned before, we drive through Chicago but don't actually stop there.) My aunt and uncle's 2 daughters came over. Their husbands and my cousin Tami's 3 children came too. We did gifts, dinner, dessert, and card games! Phase 10, Nerts, etc. My one cousin and family gave me a lovely bath gel and lotion set (peppermint scent!) and my other cousin and husband gave me a pair of earrings as did my aunt and uncle. Very pretty. :) We spent the night there.


The next day, we headed back to Michigan! Again, good driving weather. My parents had to drive me home because I didn't have my car due to the fact I couldn't drive Thursday.

It was a very Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures! I can't believe how big/old/grown up the kids are getting...

    Your family photo is great too!

    Love you all! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good Christmas! I love the pictures! We always watch A Christmas Story on Christmas Day- it's tradition! ;)

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pics! looks like a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete