Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Being Stood Up.... But I'm Really Not Crying! And a Blog Award!

So.... kinda funny story last night. Funny, but also embarrassing.

Last Friday, I was supposed to meet a friend who is moving away for dinner. She canceled, but we rescheduled for Monday (a.k.a. last night). So yesterday rolls around and she's not returning my confirmation texts. I hadn't heard from her at all. But I decided to head to the restaurant anyway. After all, I didn't want to stand her up.

Now keep in mind while I'm almost over my bronchitis/sinus infection/pleurisy, I'm still not 100%. In fact, yesterday, I was sneezy. And my eyes were pretty watery. Anyhow.....

She never showed up at the restaurant. Annoying, but not such a big deal. However, add in the watery eyes and.... I think my waitress thought I was really, really upset! So I placed a to-go order instead and she was all "Oh honey, I'm so sorry. Are you sure you don't want to eat here?" And then she gave me some free bread to go with my food (I discovered it when I got home). But she kept telling me how sorry she was. Yeah.... I think she thought I was crying and crying!


Now for the blog award. Thank you, Tribute Books Mama! The rules to the award are as follows:
The rules for these awards are:

-Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post
-Tell us seven things about yourself
-Award 7 recently discovered new bloggers
-Contact these bloggers and let them know they've received the award

Okay, 7 things about me. I'll try to think of 7 different things than the ones I used for the Stylish Blog award last week. :)

1) I don't mind doing laundry, but I hate folding it, ironing it, and putting it away. My mom still wants to do my laundry (don't ask....) and sometimes I let her even though it means extra driving. Just because I hate the putting away part so much. Oh, and my washing machine almost caught fire tonight....

2) I have a pretty small immediate family, but a very large extended family. My mom is one of 10, including her twin sister. And her parents are one of 9 and one of 13. So, lots and lots of cousins, second cousins, first cousins once removed, etc.

3) Speaking of this big family, several of my cousins have lived with us from time to time. Four of them to be exact. I always loved having them around. The ones who lived with us were 4 of the ones whose family lived in Africa, so it was various reasons relating to that (college, school, etc.). Because of that, I'm probably closer to these cousins than most of my other cousins. I was in two of their weddings, etc.

4) I have played the piano for about 26 years now. That makes me feel very old. I teach one piano student now, but at one point had 14. And I've had just about every number in between! I've also been hired for several piano jobs - weddings, receptions, etc.

5) I think it would be really cool to have a maid. Of course, I might be thinking that because right now I'm looking at my house. Housecleaning has been neglected since I've been pretty sick for over 3 weeks now.

6) I love suspense movies (as long as they're not creepy - just suspenseful) but they can't be bloody and gory. Like.... not at all. Suspense without injury!

7) I'm currently itching to declutter my house. I want to go through everything and as soon as I'm strong enough, I'm going to attack a closet or two! :)

Now, for 7 newly discovered bloggers:
1) Lisa at Living our Love Song

I just found Lisa through 5 Question Friday last week, and so far I'm loving her blog!

2) Stephanie at Ecstatically Pregnant
Another new 5 Question Friday find. Stepha has a beautiful baby girl, Arabella, and writes about a lot of different things. So far, I'm really enjoying reading her blog!

3) Jenna at Legally Brunette

Law student..... runner.... and planning a wedding. She writes about it all, folks!

4)Jodie at It's ALL Good in Mommyhood

This is a great blog. She writes with humor, style, and wit. Other than the fact that her recent Coldstone posts almost drove me to eat ice cream in 10 degree weather....

5) Natalie at My Crazy Busy Life


I started following her on twitter because of some other blog friends, and then I started reading her blog. She writes about a lot of subjects, so she is definitely a versatile blogger!

6) Sass at Life of the Bees

Lots of cute blogs. And right now, giveaways!

7) Mrs. Ash Cake

I love this blog. It's cute, fun, and versatile! Check it out. :)

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the award girl!! and the sweet comments about my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it must be a female thing to get this obsessive desire to declutter come the new year. A number of blogs that I follow have been showing how they are decluttering and organizing their houses and I want to soooooooo badly.... Just waiting for the open Saturday to attack... :) I did buy a couple of bins for my linen closet, where I put my tp (I hated it just sitting in there in the bag) and another one for my unopened tissue boxes, paper towels, etc.... Still Would like to do a few more things with the linen closet... and then move on to purging a few other closets and my storage shed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cleaned through my crafts the other day...but there is a reason...I'm not happy about it either. =( Anyway...

    Congrats on your blog award...sorry about the non-dinner date...and I hope you're totally well soon! =)

    ReplyDelete