Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - December 23, 2010

Hello, Everyone! Happy Christmas Eve Eve! :) Hope you are all having a great day.

A little late in the day posting this because apparently anesthesia and I do NOT get along well. It refuses to play nice. But makes me have crazy blood pressure and then sleep the afternoon away. As in, slept in the recovery room. Slept on the drive home. Slept once I got to my parents. The nurse warned me I might want to sleep like up to 3 hours..... um.... try more like 7. Yeah, crazy. Especially considering most nights I get 4-5 hours of sleep. So my naps today were longer than I usually sleep at night!

Anyway, all went seemingly well, and I will hopefully have results soon.

Last Thursday Thirteen of this Christmas season! I will go with the shallow subject of 13 Christmas treats that I love. :) Food, drink, etc.

1) My mom's jewel cookies. My mom bakes a lot of Christmas cookies each year. My favorites are what are called jewel cookies. They have butter cookie rolled in chopped walnuts with a glaze and a cherry. Yum!

2) Peppermint Mochas. Okay, so I often get this at Caribou during the non-holiday season, but at Starbucks it's one of their Christmas specials. I haven't had ANY coffee in 2 days, so this sounds so good right now. :)

3) Fudge! Yummy chocolatey fudge is soooo good! I know that you can get this year round, but it always feels Christmasy to me.

4) Candy Cane cookies. My grandma makes these for me. They are butter cookies, pink and white, twisted together to look like a candy cane. Very good!

5) Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates - Another Starbucks item makes the list!

6) Russian Tea Cakes - Another cookie my mom makes. They're similar to what a lot of people call Pecan Sandies, but they are (in my opinion) better.

7) Chocolate Covered Cherries - such a yummy candy. Probably my favorite candy in the world.

8) Gloria Mix - those hard candies that they sell around Christmas have always been a favorite! Now I think it might be more tradition than anything else. :)

9) Reese's Peanut Butter Trees - yum. I love Reese's in general, but the holiday ones are extra festive!

10) Butter Cookies (frosted) - my mom makes these in Christmas shapes and frosts them. Love them!

11) Christmas Popcorn - people always send us this at work in huge tins. Popcorn and hot chocolate while watching a Christmas movie? Yes, please!

12) Umm..... I'm running out of ideas here! I know I love Christmas time treats but I can't think of anything else!

13) Oh wait! Christmas Blend coffee at Starbucks and Reindeer blend at Caribou! Both are great blends. :)

Now there are two questions - will I be able to eat by Christmas and will I be able to work it all off in January if I can! :)

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment