Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - 12/2/2010

Happy Thursday, everyone! It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving was a week ago. A week ago this time, I was almost home to get ready for all night shopping.

For today's Thursday Thirteen, in honor of December, I'm going to post 13 things I LOVE about Christmas. I adore Christmas and all the fun that goes with it!

1. Music
I love Christmas music. Next week's list will probably be dedicated to my 13 favorite Christmas songs. And it's playing everywhere! The radio, my house, stores - everywhere!

2. Parties
Christmas parties are a given. This weekend, I have 4 to choose from. In addition to a myriad of other plans, there are fun parties. I love Christmas parties.

3. Shopping
Hello? The sales? The hustle and bustle of crowds? The decorations in the mall? LOVE all the shopping! Especially buying gifts and thinking about how people will react to them!

4. Coffee Drinks
Peppermint Mochas. Salted Caramel coffees and hot chocolates. The list goes on at Caribou and Starbucks!

5. Family Time
Most Christmas seasons, we make a trip to Indiana/Chicago to see family. Then we see family nearer to here. I love seeing my cousins, aunts, uncles, and more.

6. Christmas Movies
Oh my word. I love Christmas movies! The traditional kind (White Christmas, Home Alone) as well as tv movies - ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas!

7. Christmas Lights
Driving through neighborhoods = beautiful. Driving through my little town - even better! They have the "Big, Bright Light Show" every year where the buildings downtown are COVERED in lights! It's soooo pretty!

8. Christmas Decorations
Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree.... how lovely are your branches! Love decorating for Christmas! Love seeing other peoples' decorations!

9. Time off work
Um, I don't think I need to elaborate. :) Though I do miss my Christmas breaks as a teacher...... 2 weeks or so!

10. Church programs
I love church programs about Christmas - the kids' choirs, the adult programs, etc. At my church, we have an annual Nativity Walk where they set up tons of nativity scenes, we walk through it, and then watch a Christmas movie or two!

11. Wrapping Presents
I love wrapping presents. Picking out the ribbons and bows, etc!

12. Presents
I love watching people open the gifts I got them! It's so much fun - especially when they're children and get so excited. Getting presents isn't so bad either! :)

13. Christmas Candy
Chocolate covered cherries..... those Christmas tree nougats.... peppermint M&Ms. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment