Sunday, December 12, 2010

Five Question Friday.... er.... Sunday! December 10th....er 12th, 2010

Um, no comment. It's been a weekend. An excitingly wonderful weekend, but a blog free weekend. I'm currently trying to catch up on posts but also answer these questions. And then maybe I'll blog about my weekend. Or not. :)

1. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Well, we are almost always traveling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So as kids, we would open with our parents whenever we were all home - usually the 22nd or 23rd, it would seem. Even years we stayed home, we usually wouldn't do them Christmas Day because we liked to spread out the celebration and we saw my Grandma, aunts, etc. on Christmas Day and did their gifts then. So we would do ours on the 24th or something and then the gifts from the rest of the family when we saw them.

2. What is your favorite Christmas cookie (or candy)?
Hmmmm..... probably "jewel" cookies that my mom makes. They're little cookies rolled in chopped walnuts with a glaze thing and a cherry. Hard to describe, even harder not to eat. :)

3. What's the worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
Haha.... how to answer this without sounding like a brat? I can't think of any one thing, but for the last 10 years or so before she was put into a nursing home, my grandma had a slight QVC obsession. The stuff she ordered was...... interesting, to say the least. But she always had GREAT intentions! :) And then one year my cousin Jeremy gave me a 4 pack of AA batteries. His theory was "Who doesn't need batteries?" I mean, yeah.... but it was a random gift!

4. Christmas song that you love?
"Oh Holy Night" is probably my very favorite. See my Thursday Thirteen post. :)

5. How many trees do you put up?
This year is my first year putting up a tree! So one! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment