Friday, December 31, 2010

Five Question Friday December 31st, 2010

December 31st? Really, 2010? Where did you go?

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Chattanooga, Tennessee right now. I have so much I want to write about, so maybe later. I don't have much time now, so I'll do my 5 Question Friday. :)

1. How long does your Christmas tree stay up?
As previously mentioned, this is my first year putting up a tree. So we'll see. Since I put it up so late, I think I'll leave it up at least a couple more weeks. But at the same time, I'm in declutter mode, so when I get home it might come down!

2. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
Well, I'm here in Tennessee for a conference called The Ramp. It's phenomenal and I'll be there all day!

3. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
No..... I make resolutions and changes throughout the year. Not at the beginning of the year. It's more as I think/feel things!

4. How did you spend New Year's Eve when you were younger?
Church services and potlucks followed by endless volleyball games. It was always so fun. We would play until like 5 a.m. and then come home and sleep til noon. Or I would. My brother would be up early watching football.

5. What was the best way you've ever spent New Year's Eve?
Hmmm..... I loved New Year's Eve when I was younger. And one year, when I think I was 23, I babysat for 10 kids on New Year's Eve, had a blast, and earned $250! But the best was probably last year at The Ramp (in Hamilton instead of Chattanooga). It was an incredible, mind-blowing night!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. 1. How long does your Christmas tree stay up?
    It usually goes up somewhere between Black Friday and December 10th and comes down sometime during the week after New Year's.

    2. Do you have plans for New Year's Eve?
    Yes, I am going out to dinner with my family.

    3. Do you have any New Year's resolutions?
    The ones my doctor would like me to have - exercise more, eat healthier. Easy to say, hard to put into practice.

    4. How did you spend New Year's when you were younger?
    I've been spending New Year's Eve the same way for about 30 years. I always go out to dinner with my family.

    5. What was the best way you've ever spent New Year's Eve?
    One that I remember is when we got an ice storm and every inch of the trees were covered in white with their limbs heavy and hanging across the roadways. It was a very beautiful sight. The type of snow you usually only see in holiday movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not set resolutions either I actually set goals for myself throughout the year. Sounds like you cashed in on the babysitting deal.

    I am a new follower of yours as well

    ReplyDelete