Friday, December 17, 2010

Five Question Friday - December 17, 2010

Five Question Friday time again!

1. Do you regift...and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?
I have in the past, but no horror stories. Because my regifting has been pretty basic stuff - stuff given to me by people I don't know well and given to people I don't know well! For example, I was a teacher. Everyone in the world who can't figure out what to give their children's first grade teacher tends to go with two options - an apple-shaped candle or a Bath and Body Works gift basket. Both of these are fine. But when you're teaching 45 youngsters (kindergarten is two classes!) and end up with 20 some of these items, you've got to do what you've got to do. And storing them for years is not what you've got to do. :)

2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?
Um, not really. My parents already gave me my main gift in September (new luggage) so I know what that is! But other than that, I don't know what anyone is giving me. Because I didn't even give anyone any ideas this year!

3. Who brings the most gifts in your family, you or Santa?
Let's not start the Santa rant again. So, I'll just say me. :)

4. What store do you love to by jeans from?
New York and Company.... but recently, I did a little bit of shopping at Old Navy ($15 Black Friday sale!) and I love them!

5. Christmas meal: Big, All Out Meal or Snacks and Apps?
Big, all-out meal. Both sides of the family have done that every Christmas that I can remember.

5 comments:

  1. I love NY & Company...but I've never bought their jeans. Old Navy jeans have always seem to wear out on me too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a whole post on teacher gifts because I can't imagine how much "stuff" you accumulate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a re-gifting horror story...and it was NOT nice, because someone re-gifted what I gave them. Now, this person was known to me as a re-gifter...giving me a pumpkin mix with baking dish of orange for my birthday in May (which they received as a wedding shower gift)- full well knowing I didn't have a stove. But that's not the worst of it. I gave this person a lovely wedding gift. Going out of my way to buy them something extra special. They were the first to marry of three couples that year. Well, a couple months after their wedding, I went to the second couple's home (they'd just been married), there on the shelf, was one of the gifts I'd given to the first couple. Well, then this couple asked me to take a gift to the third couple. It was sticking out of a gift bag and I realized it was another part of the gift I'd given to the first couple...now the second couple was "re-gifting" it yet again to the third couple. UGH! If I were smart, I would've never given the first unappreciative couple more than one thing. I could've saved money and given the gifts to the two other couple's myself. So as it stands, I say that both of the other couples didn't get a gift from each other, but from US! Two gifts each, from US! =(

    Not nice!

    Okay, thanks for bringing that up. LOL. I'll get over it one day. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Do you regift...and if so, do you have a regifting horror story?
    I regifted the skinny Santa on the old fashioned, big wheel bicycle (that I mentioned last week). The person ultimately rejected it and it ended up on my mother's dresser.

    2. Do you know what you are getting for Christmas this year?
    Yes

    3. Who bring the most gifts in your family, you or Santa?
    Me

    4. What store do you love to buy jeans from?
    QVC - Personify by Denim & Co.

    5. Christmas meal: Big, All Out Meal or Snacks and Apps?
    Big, All Out Meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Nice to read your 5QF too! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete