Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thankful - Day 8

I just got home from a long day of a conference at church. The rest of the welcome team and I had to be there from 2 til now (around 9:30) - not too long of a day, but after a very full week, tiring. (Last night, we had a fundraiser for a children's home that I volunteer at and didn't get home until 2:30 a.m. from clean-up and follow-up from that. So tired is a bit of an understatement!)

I was thinking today how thankful I am for my church and my church family. I go to a great church - worship is great, our pastor is a phenomenal teacher, and we also have great guest speakers from time to time! But one thing that stands out is the love I feel when I go there. God's love, yes, but also love from many people. Some of my closest friends are there, and even a lot of people who I don't know well always reach out with a hug and a kind word.

My church isn't perfect; no church will ever be as they're all made up of imperfect people, but I do think my church does an excellent job of showing God's love to others and to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment