Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankful - Day 3

Today has been a great day in some ways, but a rough day in others. Today was my friend's baby shower. I am soooo happy for her and her husband! They are so ready for this little miracle, and in just over a month, he'll be here.



But my heart is heavy for another friend - a friend who is, short of divine intervention, saying goodbye to her 1 year old son. This could happen any moment. His story can be found at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/vincentstringer. He's fought a hard fight the last 6 months, but it appears his fight is coming to an end. Cancer is a vicious disease! Thinking about him, and my dear childhood friend Rebecca and her family, makes me immediately tear up. (If you're reading this, please keep them in your prayers!)

That being said, it's made me appreciate the life I have. Thinking about Ashley and the precious life growing inside of her and little Vincent and the fact that his life has been so short makes me appreciate the fact that I am alive. The fact that I am reasonably healthy is a blessing. I am determined to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your friend on her pregnancy.

    Yes, we've been praying for a miracle for Vincent for months and find it so hard to accept that he will soon go home to a better place. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family.

    We do have so much to be thankful for and I'm continually reminding myself as well as the kids of this very point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bittersweet time for you!
    Babies are such a miracle-congratulations to your friend!
    And I'm so sorry to hear of little Vincent. None of us can ever really fathom what a family goes thru when they lose a child-it is beyond heartbreaking.
    I'm so thankful to know the Comforter-and that He can be with the family and comfort them, and give Vincent eternal life and wholeness.

    ReplyDelete