Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful - Day 2

Wow, I'm doing really great with this month of gratitude postings, aren't I? Considering it's November 8th and I'm posting for the 2nd time. Sigh.

This weekend, I just didn't feel like touching my computer. Sure, I checked facebook, twitter, and e-mail on my phone. Okay, I looked up one recipe. But overall, I just wanted to not deal with the computer!

But I'm back. Ahem.

This weekend, I thought several times I would write that I was thankful for Daylight Savings Time....because I love an extra hour of sleep. Or this weekend, an extra hour to get things done so I didn't have to get up so early, so just an extra hour of whatever. Either way..... (P.S. Thank you, whoever sets the DST schedule for making that extra hour while I'm sleeping on the weekend and not like a random mid-day Monday. An extra hour of work would not be as appreciated.)

Anyhow, back to today. Today, I am very thankful for books. As I've mentioned before, I love to read. I'm currently reading a book for class and 2 books for pleasure/my own growth. They are, as follows, Moses, the Greatest Youth Pastor Ever by Richard Crisco (for class), Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot, and Pretense by Lori Wick. Actually, that last one is re-reading.

Some of my all-time favorite books and/ or authors are:

1) The Bible
2) Terri Blackstock books (almost any of them)
3) Dee Henderson "The O'Malley Series" (I love these 7 books, but her other books fall flat for me.)
4) Radical by David Platt
5) Under Cover by John Bevere
6) Dealing with the Rejection and Praise of Men by Bob Sorge
7) Most Lori Wick books (though her more recent ones have not been as good)
8) Driven by Eternity by John Bevere
9) Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
10) Envy by Bob Sorge
11) Emma by Jane Austen

And really, this list could go on and on. When I was younger, I absolutely loved the Babysitters' Club books, Nancy Drew mysteries, etc. Before that, I loved The Bobsy Twins and Boxcar Children books. Prior to that, I loved all the little story books I could get - Amelia Bedelia was a favorite. Pretty much my whole life I have loved books.

No comments:

Post a Comment