Friday, November 19, 2010

Five Question Friday - 11/19/2010

Five Question Friday time again!

1. What Christmas song do you loathe?
There are a few that make me turn the station - I don't know their names though. They're the really schmaltzy-sentimental types like the ones the Carpenters sing. In fact, I'll go with "Merry Christmas, Darling" like Mama said (the host of 5QF). But I do love most Christmas music. My absolute favorite is Oh Holy Night, when it's sung properly (such as by Josh Groban!).

2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?
No significant other.

3. Have you ever had surgery?
Not really (which is pretty amazing with all my injuries!). I had to have oral surgery because of some teeth issues when I was 13 or 14, and I had my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 19ish, but I don't think that really counts.

4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?
Most of it, the day after Thanksgiving, but I'll be picking small stuff up til the very end. Or I'll find someone got me an unexpected gift so I'll go to find them something as well.

5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?
Hmmm..... I'm not sure what's considered a luxury item. A nice, big house on a lake for vacations. I'll go with that.

5 comments:

  1. I'll come visit your house on the lake! =)

    I might venture out to shop this next Friday...Kim will be here, so we'll see. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yeah!! House on the Lake would be awesome ~ and it could be the title of my "other blog"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. {sigh} house on the lake... now, let's discuss location. Is this lake situated in a place that is ALWAYS warm? Given the fact that we are wearing long johns and wool socks here all ready.. warmth sounds appealing... {grin }

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a brave soul going shopping after Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh, I love Josh Groban's "Oh Holy Night"!! The Carpenters really are over the top, aren't they? Ugh. *gag*

    I have always wanted to do Black Friday Shopping, but my mom refuses, I don't have sisters, and all my friends DO have sisters or moms that go. :( Maybe some year!!

    ReplyDelete