Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - October 21, 2010

Today's Thursday Thirteen is going to be a post of 13 things I find annoying. Yes, I know. It's an obnoxious subject, but I've had a day where everyone in the world has done their best to annoy me, so it's what's on my mind. :) And yes, I am VERY aware that I am exaggerating and not EVERYONE in the world has done their best to annoy me. But enough people have that, well......

1) People making a lot of noise before I'm up for the day. Let's also call this one of the many reasons I'm making my roommate move out. :) It's one thing if someone is sleeping late. But, I get up early. And even days like today when I slept in slightly (7:10), must you be so loud in the kitchen? At least this morning, it wasn't singing. Sometimes it's singing..... at 6 a.m. on a Saturday morning.

2) People in my office who use the kitchen sink to brush their teeth and spit mouthwash into. Stop. Please. I'm begging. Use the bathroom for that. Bonus annoying points if they lean around you to spit into the sink right when you're making food. Gross. Disgusting. Cringe-inducing.

3) People who don't cover their mouth when they cough. I'm a slight germaphobe. I get this. But someone COUGHED on me the other day. That's just gross, people!

4) "Customer service" people who make it clear they are not interested in helping. At all. With anything.

5) Customer service people who have the nerve to get annoyed when you expect them to help with something that is clearly their job.

6) Customer service people who after making it clear they are not interested in helping then get annoyed that you expect them to follow that by giving you the wrong answer.... sigh.

7) Teachers/professors who give everyone in the class a perfect score thereby making you feel like you wasted time trying hard on the assignment when you look over at your classmate's messy, handwritten, spelling-error-filled assignment with the same score as yours.

8) People who send multiple texts before you have a chance to respond to the first one. Not if they're about different things but "Hey what are you doing tonight" followed 2 minutes later by "Want to get together tonight?" followed 3 minutes later by "Why aren't you answering me?" followed 2 minutes later by "Are you mad at me?" No! Or at least I wasn't until you just texted me 4 times in 10 minutes! I'm just not at my phone! Or I'm at work and can't text back right this second!

9) People who complain and complain and complain without realizing how good they have it. (Which, this post could definitely be doing. But I do realize that none of these things are really life-threatening issues.)

10) People who think they know everything and won't listen.

11) Walking through a cloud of smoke to get into a building that's no smoking.

12) People who eat really loudly.

13) People who try to make themselves feel better by making others feel bad

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great list! I can even agree with so many of your listed items...and that loud eating happens every time I'm at the table in my house...I really try to get it to stop...but it's like a hopeless cause! =(

    Thankfully I don't get any text's, so I'm not annoyed by that one...but you did make me smile. =)

    ReplyDelete