Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things on My Mind

I have a lot on my mind today! Big things, small things, medium things..... my mind does not discriminate.

First of all, I'm a little stressed. Here's the scoop - next week, I have my final for my class due. It's a paper, so I really need to work on it. But first, I'll need to catch up on my reading. Also, next weekend, I have a conference at my one church. I'm looking forward to it, and I know it will be powerful and incredible. But still, as the organizer, there is still a LOT to get done.

These two things are enough to make me want to stay home this weekend. But no, I'm going out of town. All the way to Indiana and back in about 30 hours. We'll be there for my uncle's 60th birthday party. But we're leaving Michigan 7 Saturday morning and will be back no later than 3 on Sunday. So it's a super fast trip.

I'm a little nervous about it because my back has been really acting up lately and all the car ride is bad for it. Because of my different back injuries from the car accidents, I have a sensitive back. I think something my trainer had me doing at the gym made it worse last week. Yesterday, I could barely get out of bed. :(

Speaking of trainers, I'm glad I'm switching gyms. It makes quitting my trainer that much less confrontational "I'd stay with you, but I'm switching gyms! Sorry!" But really, I think I wouldn't stay with her anyway. She's gotten hooked on this new training style, new workout style, and I feel she doesn't listen. After two long, intensive stints of physical therapy for major injuries, I know that there are things I can't and shouldn't do. I have to work around them. But she seems to think I should just try. But there's a difference between pushing through pain of the workout variety and being in actual injury pain. After all my injuries, I think I'm the best judge of which my body is feeling at that point in time.

Adding to this is just general misery over fall allergies, plus a case of the stomach flu I came down with last week. So there has been a lot of general yuckiness.

Work has been pretty insane as well. My boss is out of town this week, so in some ways it's better. But still, really busy with a small side of drama. :)

Anyway, class tonight. I've done almost none of the reading. Maybe in the 1.5 hours between work and class?

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate...I can relate entirely to the back pain...so will keep you in prayer. Have a fun trip, despite it's shortness...

    I have no idea whose birthday it is, but tell everyone we send our love. =)

    ReplyDelete