Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm back!

Hello, dear blog readers!

I'm back from a weekend away. I came back to a small surprise - 3 new blog followers. :) Welcome! It's always nice to get new followers and find new blogs to follow through that.

This weekend was a crazy one. We went to Indiana for my uncle's 60th birthday party. It was great to see cousins, aunts, uncles, cousins-removed, etc. but it was a LOT of driving for a short time period. We left 7:30 Saturday morning, drove 5 hours, stayed at the party for about 5 hours, drove an hour and a half, stopped for the night, and then continued the drive today, finally returning to my parents around 1:00. Then we had lunch and then I had church. Turns out in a fun surprise, I had nursery tonight! Oops!

Also frustrating was I forgot my computer at home for the weekend. I had planned on getting a LOT of work done this weekend on the drive and at the hotel. By this time next week, I will have 1) finished reading the books for my class (the books were in the computer bag), 2) write my final exam/paper for my class, 3) finish planning a conference that is next weekend, and 4) actually run the conference next weekend. (By run, I mean the onsite, day of stuff - rides for our one speaker, food for both speakers, guest registration, etc. It's a lot to do.) This is on top of a very full work week plus my other week to week stuff (piano lessons, etc.).

In closing, here are a few weekend pictures!




2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you had a nice time...welcome back! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had fun! I hope your uncle had a great birthday. Great pictures!

    I will so enjoy this moment of the Rangers in the World Series. I'm so excited!

    :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete