Friday, October 1, 2010

5 Question Friday - 10/1/2010

Welcome to the first Five Question Friday of October as brought to us by Mama! Last week I didn't participate in Five Question Friday because, to be honest, I just wasn't feeling the questions..... significant others, bathroom habits, etc. After the one that didn't apply to me and the one I wouldn't answer, there were only 3 questions left. And really, what is a 3 Question Friday?

And then yesterday, sadly, no Thursday Thirteen as I was dealing with mucho work drama! All day. Then after I got home, it was time to head over to my friend's house for some much needed downtime. In between the two, I had to bake and teach a piano lesson. So really, quite busy!

But now we're back.....

1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?


I did! When I was (I think 7) I started having a pen pal from Africa. She was actually from somewhere in the United States, but her family was a missionary family. Now she lives in the US with her family and we're no longer pen pals, but we are facebook friends!

2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?

I would like to be President. :) Unfortunately, at the rate it takes to get ANYTHING done in DC, being President for a day probably wouldn't accomplish a whole lot. Though I definitely have ideas on what I'd like to do.....

3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?

I think it was being kidnapped/left alone and forgotten/orphaned. Pretty much anything that would require me being separated from my family. I seriously couldn't even watch "An American Tail" because it bothered me SOOOOO much that little Fievel lost his family for so long. And a disturbing number of kids' movies are based around this theme! But I think "An American Tail" may have kicked off my paranoia. Even thinking about the movie was enough to make me cry....

Don't laugh. I was sensitive. :)


4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?

Hmmm.....a lot of things are wastes of time, but if you enjoy them and you're choosing to spend your time on them, is that really so bad? (in moderation, of course) I will say that at the last company I worked, approximately 96% of our meetings were total wastes of time. (This was sooooo frustrating!)

5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?

I bought a couple vintage skirts at a consignment shop recently. I don't know exactly how old they are, but that's probably it. Of things that I bought new, I still have my "senior shirt" from high school. I only use it to sleep in, I promise! But I have an emotional attachment to it!

2 comments:

  1. Being President for a day has got to be at the bottom of my list. I would find it to be entirely too frustrating, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my senior tee...It's tucked away in a drawer. I don't think I will ever part with it.

    ReplyDelete