Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

Today will be a happier post - a random collection of thoughts and facts and small stories (too short for a real post) that are swirling through my mind and amusing me and/or making me smile today.


-Last night, my friend Lisa and I went to dinner and saw the movie "Killers." Which is not a movie that sounds like anything I would like, but it was good. Predictable, like most romcoms, but cute. Violent, but in a funny-not-gruesome-I-only-covered-my-eyes-4-times sort of way.

-So, I slept last night! After only sleeping 1.5 hours the night before, sleeping 6 hours last night was a huge improvement!

-This morning upon waking up from that glorious sleep, within about a minute, I had the following thought "Lauren is probably having the baby today. I should pray for her and Caroline." (Caroline is her soon-to-be-born baby.) About 3 hours later, guess who headed to the hospital to give birth? Go, Lauren! Don't know how I knew this. :)

-My co-worker and I were talking about the movie I saw last night. I said "You'd like it. Besides, Ashton Kutcher was shirtless a lot in it." (See this post if you think that's a weird statement for me to make to my male co-worker.) His response was not anything about not being into guys or anything about not only watching movies to see Ashton Kutcher without a shirt, but rather "He's not that ripped. He's more the lanky type." So I had to explain that he had obviously buffed up for the role than. But he just amuses me.

-Other co-worker (also mentioned in this post) and I had a similar conversation. Only he said "Ashton's okay, but he's no Josh Duhamel!" Hehe. At least he can laugh at himself.

-That same co-worker said my beautiful new raspberry Steve Madden heels make me look like Gene Simmons from KISS (I guess he used to wear platform heels?). I told that same co-worker that he was just mad because my new shoes made me taller than him. (We've had similar conversations, only without the Gene Simmons reference before) My boss overheard this conversation and laughed. Hard.

-Tonight for dinner, I'm eating Thai food with a good friend.

That's all for now. But it's a smiley type of day!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you had a blog. =) It'll be nice to be in touch..sort of in touch anyway. =)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete