I saw this on another blog, and the general idea is making a list of 13 somethings every Thursday. So for today, my first Thursday Thirteen, I'm going to write about 13 things I like about blogging.
1. I like writing. My blog is a way to do that.
2. I love following blogs - blogs of people I love, blogs of people I don't know. When I find a blog and I like the writing style and get interested in it, I can follow it along. I follow all different kinds of blogs!
3. I can vent on my blog a little without everyone reading it. I mean, I have 10 blog followers and over 1000 facebook friends. Therefore, I say stuff on my blog that I wouldn't say on facebook.
4. It's fun to go back and see what I wrote at different times. I can go back and reflect on things to see how my perspective changed being farther from the situation.
5. I've made some blog "friends" and gotten closer to some people I know in real life through reading about experiences on blogs.
6. Oh.... this is getting harder...... um, I like choosing blog designs. My current one is through shabbyblogs.com. I like to think that it makes my blog non-shabby, but whatever.
7. I like convincing my friends to blog and then reading theirs. So far, this has only happened with one friend, but I still read hers on the rare occasions she posts.
8. I LOVE getting comments on my blog. I get all excited. It's weird.
9. I LOVE getting followers as much as I love getting comments. Maybe even more. :)
10. I have learned a lot about a lot of subjects from reading blogs.
11. I like participating in things like 5 Question Friday, 30 Day Challenge, etc. because I like the writing prompts.
12. Um..... I like that I only have to come up with one more thing for this difficult list. :)
13. I like pictures on blogs especially. Bonus points if they're of cute children!