Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday Thirteen

I saw this on another blog, and the general idea is making a list of 13 somethings every Thursday. So for today, my first Thursday Thirteen, I'm going to write about 13 things I like about blogging.

1. I like writing. My blog is a way to do that.

2. I love following blogs - blogs of people I love, blogs of people I don't know. When I find a blog and I like the writing style and get interested in it, I can follow it along. I follow all different kinds of blogs!

3. I can vent on my blog a little without everyone reading it. I mean, I have 10 blog followers and over 1000 facebook friends. Therefore, I say stuff on my blog that I wouldn't say on facebook.

4. It's fun to go back and see what I wrote at different times. I can go back and reflect on things to see how my perspective changed being farther from the situation.

5. I've made some blog "friends" and gotten closer to some people I know in real life through reading about experiences on blogs.

6. Oh.... this is getting harder...... um, I like choosing blog designs. My current one is through shabbyblogs.com. I like to think that it makes my blog non-shabby, but whatever.

7. I like convincing my friends to blog and then reading theirs. So far, this has only happened with one friend, but I still read hers on the rare occasions she posts.

8. I LOVE getting comments on my blog. I get all excited. It's weird.

9. I LOVE getting followers as much as I love getting comments. Maybe even more. :)

10. I have learned a lot about a lot of subjects from reading blogs.

11. I like participating in things like 5 Question Friday, 30 Day Challenge, etc. because I like the writing prompts.

12. Um..... I like that I only have to come up with one more thing for this difficult list. :)

13. I like pictures on blogs especially. Bonus points if they're of cute children!

3 comments:

  1. Neat idea!!! You have a very CUTE blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your 13 reasons for blogging. I love comments, too... who doesn't!??! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, I love comments! :) I'm glad you like the Thursday 13 idea!! I'm a new follower of your blog! :)

    Love the list!

    :)
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete