Monday, August 23, 2010

Really? Are you kidding me?

I read a couple articles today that REALLY annoyed me. Now, I don't take it too seriously, because it's just the opinions of one celebrity. But the thought that anyone could be this dumb irritated me today.

Brad Pitt said that he never has supported the death penalty, but he would be willing to consider it in the case of the BP oil execs who cut corners and led to the disaster.

Um, really?

No, really?

I get being FURIOUS with them. I even get criminal charges.

But the death penalty?

Especially when there is nothing else you support the death penalty for?

So, being negligent and cutting corners to save money (and again, not defending BP. What they did was terrible) is worse than:

-Child molestation and murder
-Kidnapping and murder of children
-Terrorists who were the mastermind of the September 11th attacks

Really? The death penalty is far too extreme in the case of a friend of mine whose fiance' was assaulted, murdered, and set on fire in their home two months before the wedding. Yet it's the right response to corporate negligence.

Some tried saying maybe he wasn't serious, but there was nothing to indicate this in his demeanor or follow-up statements.

I'm not trying to make light of the plights of the many who were affected by the oil spill - financially, socially, or especially the families of the 11 workers who died when the rig exploded.

But worse than the 9-11 terrorists? Really?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, mind boggling...you sometimes wonder if people think before they speak...? Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have GOT to be kidding me?

    Dear Brad,

    You are no longer on my Top 5 List.

    What a wacko!

    ReplyDelete