Friday, August 20, 2010

Five Question Friday - August 20, 2010

Thanks, Mama, for another great week of Five Question Friday.

1. Do you have any nicknames and if so how did it come about?

Nothing really fun or special, but just shortened forms of my name. The one that has the best story is "D-lady." As I've mentioned, I work with kids at two churches. The children's pastor who I work with at the one church is Dyanna. So, as you can imagine, we both get called both names. One of the girls one time told her sister after I did small groups with her "And then I went with my group and.... and.... and ONE OF THE D-LADIES!!!!!" She had no idea which one she was with but was so excited. So, when her sister told us, we started using it a lot on each other. :)


2. What is your birth order amongst your siblings?
I have one older brother. We're exactly 17 months apart. To the day, almost to the hour, we're 17 months apart.

3. In a movie of your life, who would play your significant other?

Hmm..... do I get to pick just who I like or am I supposed to make some sort of informed choice based on movie roles and type? I don't know, so I'm going to go with the first one. (It's my blog, so I can choose who I want, right?) I'm going to say a young, Remington-Steele-era Pierce Brosnan. Good-looking, nice accent - great choice! :) (Yes, I'm aware that means the movie of my life is being filmed in the past, but again, let's just roll with it.)


4. What is currently your favorite song?

"I Need You" by Eddie James. I mean, really. I love this song. Love the whole CD, but this song is just way too good for words. It's almost ridiculous how good this song is.

5. Are you saving your money for anything right now? Big or small purchase?

I'm constantly trying to save money so I'm prepared for anything that comes ahead. And, my car is getting up there mileage wise, and I like to pay for my cars in cash, so I am always setting aside money for that. I also probably will need to replace my furnace soon, so I'm saving for that. AND, I might be going on a missions trip to Haiti, so that would require funding as well. So I'm definitely being a little more cautious lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment