Friday, August 6, 2010

5 Question Friday - 8/6/2010

Mamma at Five Crooked Halos has once again brought us 5 Question Friday! I will take a stab at answering them.

1. Are you a neat sleeper or a messy sleeper?

Relatively neat. I don't move around the bed a whole lot. Also, once I'm asleep, I don't tend to move a whole lot. If it gets really hot I'll find my covers kicked off at times, but that's not often. Usually I'm awake enough to kind of fold them over.

2. Fill in the blank. I wish I was more ________________.
Kind. Now, before you start thinking I'm a total jerk, I really don't think I am. I do try to do nice things for others. I do try to help people when I can. But often, I'm just a little too selfish. I have to remind myself to treat others the way I want to be treated. When someone needs something on a Saturday morning, I have to make myself do it. I often do it, but I wish my first inclination was toward kindness and not toward selfishness.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?
Hmmm..... there is nothing major, because anything that I could have been warned about to be better prepared would probably also have resulted in extra anxiety and nervousness before doing anything. For example, had I been warned when starting college that the Michigan economy was going to tank, taking thousands of residents (with children) out of the state killing the demand for teachers, would it have really made a difference to me in college knowing finding a job was going to be difficult? No, I don't think it would. I couldn't really have worked harder than I did, and all it would have done is stress me out. Sometimes, not being warned is for the best.

However, in minor things, yes, please warn me. For example, if you see me put something really spicy on my plate, please warn me it's spicy. I like some spice, but I can't handle super-spicy foods. Or a few weeks ago, I ate something with onions and got dreadfully sick (I have an onion allergy). It reminded me of a time a few years ago when something similar happened and a "friend" (more of an acquaintance.... maybe frenemy) was like "Oh, sorry. Thought you knew it had onions." Um, why would I be putting it in my mouth and eating it if I knew it had onions? Really?

4. What was the best thing you ever found at a garage sale/flea market?
I don't shop garage sales/flea markets often. Actually, I don't think I've ever been to a flea market. But a few months ago, I stopped at several garage sales and got a lot of books really cheaply! (And I only bought them when they appeared to be very clean and in good condition.) For example, I got a book "What to Expect the First Year" for a pregnant friend for like $.50. It's a HUGE book and looked to be practically new! Score!

That same day, I got two playdough sets (like the things to cut the playdough and form it into different shapes) that my nephews loved playing with while they were here. So that might have been the best.

5. If you could have any meal brought to you right now, what would it be?
It's breakfast time, so..... probably a yummy plate of French Toast and bacon. Not healthy, but it sounds really good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog!! I love your answer to #2... it's true for me, too! I mean, I consider myself a pretty nice person, but it's so easy to be selfish, especially now-a-days. But I really try to go out of my way for people, even though they may not reciprocate! It should be about helping others, not expecting it in return. =)

    ReplyDelete