Friday, July 2, 2010

Five Question Friday

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood?
Hmmm.... I'd say the carefree summers. When my biggest decision was whether or not it was too cold to swim, which is usually was here in Michigan!

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school?
Sadly, I'd say "friendly" with them. We're "facebook friends," if that counts. But they're no longer the ones I'm really close with.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it?
Any words/phrases that are used inappropriately. Think "irregardless" for "regardless." "Effect" for "affect" and vica versa. Most cliches drive me crazy. Not too many catchphrases, though when people (particularly slightly older people) are using catchphrases from the early 90s in a vain attempt to be culturally relevant today, I do roll my eyes. Frequently. Noticeably even.

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"?
The people.... I think the people are what really makes any nation!

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans?
Nothing too exciting. I am SO ready for a down weekend. I have not spent a weekend home since the weekend BEFORE Memorial Day. And even that one, I had a baby shower, graduation party, and going away party all in one day. I need to clean my house! I want to go to the Farmers' Market near my house! That said, I do have plans tonight, a family reunion for my not-family tomorrow (long story), and 2 church services Sunday. Then Monday, when I'm off for the holiday, I'll probably see my friend Lisa who is in from out of town. So, it sounds busy, but at least I'll be in my own bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment