Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 21 — Something you know you do differently than most people

Okay, so technically, this isn't Day 21. But you try being busy, out of town with a conference all weekend, limited internet access, and even more limited sleep and see how well you do! :)

Trip was incredible. I'll seriously write about it later, but for now, here is my blog post.

Disclaimer: This one might be a bit of a rant and it may have been inspired last night about 11 hours into my 13 hour drive. So..... proceed with caution!

The thing that I'm pretty sure I do differently than most (or at least a lot) of people is DRIVE! As in, I know how!!!!!!!

People..... if the speed limit is 70 and conditions are clear, driving 60 is REALLY unnecessary. Driving 60 in the left lane of the expressway? Even more unnecessary. Those signs that were saying "Slow traffic stay to the right" were referring to you. Trust me on this one. If there were snow on the road, foggy conditions, etc., I can see why you would choose to go a bit slower. In fact, I would probably do so myself. But..... conditions were clear.

Okay, now on to another group..... those behind me when the person in front of me was going slow. It is not my fault our lane is moving slowly. Getting on my bumper to the point where I can't even see your headlights will NOT inspire the person 1 - 3 cars in front of me to drive faster. All it will do is upset me and possibly cause a car accident. Actually, what I wish it had done was get you (all 3 or 4 of you) pulled over and ticketed. It's just not safe. And no, I'm not going to do it to the person in front of me just because you're doing it to me.

And third, if the speed limit is 70 and I'm going 80, do you really think I'm going too slow? Must you really get right on my bumper? I mean, pass me if you must, but don't do it in the jerky "I'm going to get right on you for a couple minutes, then come within inches of hitting you just to show you I'm annoyed that you're not going 20 mph over the speed limit." That seriously happened twice this trip!

And good luck with the passing seeing as the other lane is going 60 mph or I would gladly get over into that lane.....

No comments:

Post a Comment