Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 13- Guilty Pleasure

Yikes.... guilty pleasures. This could be embarrassing. I guess I'm glad that not a lot of people read my blog. :)

I'm going to make a confession.

I'm addicted to..... reality tv and Lifetime movies.

Yes, I know I wrote about Survivor before, but it doesn't end there. Reality tv sucks me in! Even if it's a show I don't usually watch, I'll start watching it and not stop. And the Lifetime movies? Cheesy, predictable, melodramatic, and like crack for me!!!

I do have to say, I've gotten a LOT better. I used to would NOT miss an episode of Amazing Race, America's Next Top Model, or Biggest Loser. Now Survivor is the only one that's "must see." But I don't know if it's that the addiction is less or if the production quality of these shows is worse now. ANTM started drooping for me when it started becoming obvious by episode 3 who Tyra had already decided would win. But back in the day when it was good, if there was a marathon on Saturday, wow. It would be a challenge to get anything done!

Now, as far as reality tv, I do have my standards. I have yet to watch an episode of Real Housewives of Anywhere. I never watched the Hills. But, I am embarrassed to say I have been known to record Bridezillas to watch if I wasn't going to be home.

I used to like a lot of the TLC shows (What Not to Wear was my favorite) but I can't support anything that network shows now because of my disgust over their exploitation of the Gosselin children.

And Lifetime movies - I can't even really explain this one. Can you read the plot and be able to give 90% of the story without watching it? Yes. But I love them. The true crime ones, the ridiculous romances, the cheesy "Sorority Girls" - I'm really not so picky. But they never sound good enough to sit down and watch. But if I'm channel surfing and watch even 2 minutes of one? Yeah..... that's all she wrote, folks!

So, anyone else share my guilty pleasure? Or what's yours?

1 comment:

  1. I am a sucker for Lifetime! Reality, I watch American Idol and yes, The Beachelor/Bachelorette. I tell myself every year that I am not going to watch it anymore, but then they always bring back the person that got voted off that I liked.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete