Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 12 - A Song I Want Played at my Wedding

Hmmm.... another interesting one. I love music, so picking out music for a big occasion will be hard for me, I know. Of course, seeing as certain members of the family (ahem, Mom and Delia!!!!) have expressed doubts that I'll ever actually GET married, it might not matter.

I think I'm quite knowledgeable about wedding music as I used to have a little side business of playing the piano for weddings. So I like to think that makes me an expert. Once I played for a wedding and for dinner music throughout the reception. I have to say, that was tiring. It was about 3 1/2 hours of playing, with just a quick break between the two.

So, I have some classical songs I would love to use during the ceremony. If not the ceremony, the prelude while people are walking in. One of these is Air on a G String. I love the beautiful, light tone of this number. Another favorite is Pachabel's Canon in D, but now I'm feeling like it's becoming a cliched wedding song. I remember loving it before everyone started using it - back when most people walked to the Bridal March. But now almost every wedding is Canon in D. So, I'd have to think about it.

But as far as songs either sung or played either during the wedding or reception, for one thing, it would greatly depend on if my groom and I had a special story, song, etc. and how it tied into that. But two songs that I love for weddings are "The Prayer" sung most famously by Celine Dion and Andre Bocelli and "When God Made You" by Natalie Grant. I think both of these are so beautiful. "The Prayer" is definitely a more classical sounding choice. "When God Made You" has such nice lyrics as well though. "The Prayer" is beautiful enough musically that I might have an instrumental version played at some point during the ceremony.

Here are the English lyrics for "The Prayer."

I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know

Let this be our prayer
As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your Grace
To a place where we'll be safe

I pray we'll find your light
And hold it in our hearts
When stars go out each night
Remind us where You are
Let this be our prayer
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe.

We ask that life be kind
And watch us from above
We hope each soul will find
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Just like every child

Needs to find a place,
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

For "When God Made You"

It's always been a mystery to me,
How two hearts can come together,
And love can last forever.
But now that I have found you I believe
That a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one.
So gone are all my questions about why,
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life

Oh I wonder what God was thinking, when He created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because He made all my dreams come true.
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me.

I promise that wherever you may go,
Wherever life may lead you
With all my heart I'll be there too.
And from this moment on I want you to know,
I'll let nothing come between us,
And I will love the ones you love.
So gone are all my questions about why

Oh I wonder what God was thinking when He created you,
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because He made all my dreams come true.
When God made you He must've been thiking about me.

He made the sun, He made the moon,
To harmonize a perfect tune,
One can't do without the other,
they just have to be together.
And that is how I know its true,
You're for me and I'm for you and my world
Just can't be right without you in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment