Friday, July 16, 2010

5 Question Friday - July 16, 2010

It's time for another 5 Question Friday as seen here!
1. Do you collect anything?
Not really. I used to collect stuffed animals, but they were taking over my room. However, I am somewhat of a packrat, so I still have many of them. Fortunately, at my parents', so my house is safe. I semi-collect shoes and purses, but not as collectibles. It's more that I just buy a lot of them!

Oh, and I somewhat collect things kids make for me. I have a really, really, really, really hard time getting rid of anything a child makes for me - a card, a picture, some craft. So, I don't collect them, but I do keep them 95% of the time. The other 5% of the time they're alive and I can't keep them forever. (By alive, usually "flowers" that are really weeds. Only a couple children have ever brought me an insect or once.... a frog!) Working with children for so long means I have quite a few things. But, my new rule is if I can't remember who gave it to me or I don't even remember the child when I see the name, I can toss it. (This usually happens if I visit a church and a child makes me something or some of the kids that I worked with in field placements while in school. If I wasn't with them consistently and it was 7 years ago, I might not remember them!) I guess I'm a magnet for kids' gifts. :)

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.
Josh Duhamel (read here if you want a funny story about that)
Eric Dane
Matt Damon

However, though I find them good-looking, I don't tend to watch extra things that they're in the way some do. They're just the first ones I could think of that I think are good looking.

3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?
I have two - one on my thumb and one on my hand. (It's possible I have one on my head from stitches I had as a two year old, but it is covered by hair. But for the two that I do have, I'll start with the one on my thumb. It's small, probably wouldn't be noticed by anyone else. I got it feeding my aunt's puppy a dog treat when I was 6 or 7. The puppy was very energetic and took the treat with a little too much force. (I think I held it so she would jump for it and she jumped too high.) Not a big deal, though it certainly didn't help me get over my fear of unknown dogs.

The one on my hand is also not very noticeable. I got it riding an 8-wheeler (I think that's what it was called) with some children at the annual family reunion for my uncle's family. One of the kids was only 2, and shouldn't have been on it. But the father had said it was okay. His 11 year old sister was holding him, but we hit a big bump, and I saw a) she wasn't going to be able to hold on and b) he would most likely fall from the vehicle. For a 2 year old, it would have been QUITE the fall. So, in a split second decision, I moved to "catch" him. In doing so, my hand got caught between him and this one rough part of the vehicle. It's a small thing that people don't notice unless I show them; so while it was painful, it's really not bad. And compared to how Jordan would have been injured if I hadn't caught him (not to mention what his momma would have done to me if she had known I could have helped him!), it's really nothing.

4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?
Okay, my friend Ashley makes fun of me for this one. :) When she came to Michigan to visit me, I took her to many of my favorite restaurants that she doesn't have down in Alabama. One of these was Kabob Grill, a Lebanese restaurant. SO GOOD! I love, love, love Middle Eastern food. She did not. Many of my friends (especially those who do not live in this area where we get so many great Middle Eastern restaurants!) don't understand it either. Specifically, Ashley mocks my love for hummus. Mmmm.... I'm getting hungry!

But in my defense, she eats paper.

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
I thought I was going to last night!!!!! Seriously, we had a TERRIBLE storm! I hate storms. But no tornado. I've never seen one in real life, but I have waited out many tornado watches and warnings in my parents' basement. And once, in the basement of a piano student because a tornado touched down miles from their home during a lesson. Seriously!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you at least have to tell them why I ate (past tense) paper!!!!!! PEOPLE IN MICHIGAN LEAVE THEIR CORNBREAD IN THE PAPER!!!! IN ALABAMA, WE JUST MAKE A BIG PAN OF CORNBREAD AND WE DO NOT HAVE PAPER ON IT!!!! :)

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in the story that I linked to.... Click on the link. (At least, I think it's in there.) Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hummus! Nice pick! And thank you for not saying that you love to dip fries in ice cream - that comment is starting to make me ill!

    ReplyDelete