Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Day at the Office

Last week, one of my facebook statuses generated several comments, so I promised a follow-up blog about it.

The status read "When will my male co-workers realize that telling us who their man-crushes are just provides us with ammunition for their humiliation?"

So, a little backstory. Several months ago, I told my co-worker B that I was going to the movies that night. He asked what I was going to go see, and when I told him "When In Rome," I admitted that I didn't know much of what it was about. But I said "But the guy in it is cute, but I don't know his name." He said "Josh Duhamel? Yeah, he's a good looking guy."

Clearly, I was impressed that he knew who the actor was, but I also thought it was funny. But I didn't think too much of it at the time. The next morning, in front of our boss (who happens to be his older brother....hehe), he asked how the movie was. I said "It was really good. And you're right. That guy is hot!" I didn't really think too much of how I was saying it until my boss cracked up. B immediately was like "Hey! I just said he was good looking! You're making me sound gay!"

Since then, mysteriously, Josh Duhamel's picture may have mysteriously showed up as his desktop background. It's possible that someone may have done this to his computer several times, maybe even e-mailed a picture or two to him.

Anyway, another co-worker was telling us that her husband (who also works with us) really likes the actor who played Jacob in Twilight. (I don't know his name and am too lazy to look it up.) Apparently, when they watched one of the movies, he went on and on about the guy's muscles. So, an idea was formed. Below are the results of that idea. (I was not the main culprit in this one....... I was merely an accomplice. Just for the record.)

Some of the pictures are a little blurry......

His wall clock


His bookshelf


Inside his desk


His rolodex



Intermingled with his family pictures....


By his computer (we also changed his desktop background, but did not get a picture of that. :( )


Lower part of the bookcase (took him awhile to notice this one)



The back of his door (this one was the last one he discovered)

2 comments:

  1. This cracked me up!! Especially the rolladex pic. I have a hard time believing that you were only an accomplice though. That's what you used to say after you would get caught playing pranks on my dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! Really! I was! I mean, once I got involved, I got involved! The guy who we did it to thought it must have been me and a different co-worker. Then when he found out his little crush was known because his wife told people.... hehe.

    But I didn't buy any of the stuff, print any of the pictures, and I only hung 3 or 4 of them up. :)

    ReplyDelete