Thursday, April 1, 2010

My mind is a scary place at times.....

My mind is a truly scary place at times.

Case in point, I was teaching a piano lesson this afternoon. Out of nowhere, I thought "Hmmm.... you would need different fingering if you had 6 fingers. I wonder what the best way to play F scale with 6 fingers would be." Then, my mind immediately flashed to


And he was saying, to the man with 6 fingers "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

For this to flash through my mind took about 3 seconds. I almost laughed out loud. Then I realized that my student may have noticed that. And may, in fact, have thought I was laughing at her inability to play F scale at that moment.

So I explained.

Puzzled silence followed. After that, laughter. Can't say I was surprised. She found the whole thing quite amusing. Or was laughing because that appeases crazy people. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment