Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ironic, isn't it?

i·ro·ny (ī'rə-nē, ī'ər-)
n. pl. i·ro·nies


The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.

Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs:

An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.


One of my facebook friend's status today struck me as particularly ironic. She's wondering how to handle a situation with her roommate that is the exact same thing she did to me when she lived with me. In fact, it was one of the events that led to her being asked to leave. One main difference is she and her roommates are renting a place together where she moved into my house (without asking strangely enough), didn't really contribute much, and yet still acted how she pleased.

I started to reply to her status with "I don't know. How did it work when I _______?" Then I wanted to reply "I was in a similar situation once, and I ___________ but it made my roommate really mad." I actually typed out a reply to get it off my chest but erased it instead of posting it.

But I guess I'm not as over the whole situation as I thought I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment