Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Color Blind?

So, I'm beginning to think my one co-worker is slightly color blind. Not totally unable to differentiate between colors, but just a little.... off.

It's kind of a running joke around the office (and he's included, so it's not behind his back) about how his ties often don't match the rest of his outfits. But it's generally more of a pattern mixing problem. (i.e. when wearing a checked shirt, a busy polka dot tie is not the best option!) However, often it's more of a total mismatch, but I chalked it up to him being a guy. (Yes, I know that's terrible and I shouldn't even write that, but I did.) I mean, his defense will be "What? It's blue. My shirt's blue." Without understanding that they're totally different blues.

Today is St. Patrick's Day. He's wearing a green tie. He says to me "A green shirt too!" And I look at him.... and his shirt is not green. His shirt is yellow. Maybe yellow-green if you're being extremely generous. But really it's just yellow. Not a pale, pastel yellow, but more of a primrose yellow. Either way, not green. Not St. Patrick's Day green. Not even close.

So, I'm really wondering now if he has color blindness or slight color blindness...

1 comment: