Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Birthdays....

Since no one I know reads my blog (that I know of anyway), I feel like I can safely say this without anyone thinking it's directed at them.

Am I the only one who gets uncomfortable on/around my birthday? Appreciate the attention, but at the same time want to hide when people start singing? It's not so bad with family, but co-workers, etc. It's not a "I don't want to get older" issue. It's more of a "they're so sweet, but they're all staring at me..... do I look appropriately thankful?" moment. And the friends who, sweetly, ask what I want for my birthday. I don't know. I really don't. There's nothing I need. I don't know if you're planning on spending $5 or $15 or what. Difficult questions!

But, at the same time, I love all the birthday wishes, cakes, etc. It does make me feel loved. :) Just uncomfortable.

Will write more later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment