Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sick.....

Sick.... very sick. About to head to an urgent care clinic that is open Sundays. I don't do this type of thing. I've only been to urgent care once with a work injury that my boss made me go to. They sent me to the hospital that time. That was 10 years ago. So, since I hate going to doctors, I hate urgent care even more.

But I am going at the insistence of my mother. I have had bronchitis since Monday (no, I didn't find that out from the doctor, but when you've had bronchitis as much as I have, you know when you have it.) I know they say antibiotics aren't very effective for bronchitis. I know that I don't like being antibiotics because they mess with your body's natural defenses. However, it seems to have spread to a sinus infection as well. My fever seems to creep up higher each day than it did the day before. So maybe it's time to stop trying to treat it all myself and go to the actual doctor.

I hate being sick. I've cancelled so many plans this week and gotten so little done. With my throat swollen from the brochitis, I can barely eat. With the coughing, I can barely sleep. So, little sleep and very little food are probably not helping matters. They certainly aren't helping my mood.

But when I was starting to feel overwhelmed this morning (sad I can't go to church, dreading going to the doctor, etc.), I took a break from my pity party and read my Bible. I started reading Psalm 18 and was just reminded how good God is, how strong He is, and how much He loves me. None of this is new, but it was just a reminder. It was just what I needed this morning.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Verse 19 He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

Verse 32 It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. (When you feel too weak to even sit up, this is a very comforting thought.)

So instead of continuing to be petulant and whiny, I'm going to focus on my God and the fact that He is bigger than my sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment