Monday, December 28, 2009

Disturbing Songs

So, lately I've been thinking about disturbing songs. Mainly because one of my Christmas albums has "Baby, It's Cold Outside" on it. I like the song. It's cute. It's catchy. But there are some lyrics that really make me wonder. I mean, the whole theme of the song is a guy trying to get a girl to not leave, giving her extra drinks to keep her there, etc. At one point she says "Hey, what's in this drink?" The whole thing really could be viewed as the theme song for the date-rape drug.

Also, I was just listening to Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me." Is it me, or is this song totally, creepily stalkerish? I love Taylor Swift, and this song is fun to sing. But when you really think about it? Disturbing. "Why can't you see you belong with me?" All the reasons why the guy's current girlfriend sucks? Really?

Anyway, these songs amuse me in all their creepy glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment